I dread waking up to my hair in disarray because I skipped a step in my night time hair routine. If my hair isn’t right in the morning, it can throw my whole day off, including my attitude. That’s why I try my best to stick to a nightly routine that protects my natural hair and keeps it ready for the next day. Whether you’re a transitioning beauty, locked or loose natural, you may find these tips useful as you build your own nightly hair care routine:
1. Invest in a silk pillow case. Not only will it help keep your natural hair conditioned, it’s also great for keeping your skin looking flawless. Need extra protection? Sleep in a silk scarf or bonnet. Other materials can strip your hair of the natural oils it needs to stay healthy.
2. Preserve the natural curl and shape of your hair by twisting, braiding or cornrowing it at night before you go to sleep even if your hair is locked. When you wake up, you can style your hair using your twists or braids, or take them out and wear loose crimps.
3. Your hair accessories keep your hair looking fabulous during the day, but make sure you take them out of your hair at night. Clips, hair pins and elastics can damage your hair if you sleep in them.
4. Add some moisture to your hair before you turn the lights out for the night. If you’re stuck trying to figure out the best products for caring for your hair, give More Hair! Studio a call at 443-869-3902. We create hair care products made with natural ingredients for our clients to keep their tresses healthy and conditioned morning and night. We can also suggest some of our other favorites that will work well with your hair.
5. Get some sleep! Your body needs time to recoup from your hectic life and if you’re missing out on adequate sleep, you may be causing your hair more harm than good. Are you getting 6 to 8 hours of sleep each night?
Tell us your nightly hair routine. Is there a step you just can’t skip?Categories: Uncategorized